Provided by volunteer Prince William
Jazz lover! Historic Manassas holds the Manassas Jazz Festival June 19th at the Manassas Museum Lawn. Volunteers aged 18 and over are required from 7:00 a.m. to help with directions, tickets, ID checks, wine glasses and beer pouring. You can support the event, enjoy the outdoor weather and listen to great jazz! Please visit bit.ly/2RankQq to sign up; Email [email protected] to learn more.
- Abandoned and Abandoned Pet Attorneys (A3P) holds Pets & “Vettes” on June 19th from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at the 17983 Dumfries Shopping Plaza in Dumfries. Volunteers aged 18 and over are required to help with set-up and dismantling, supervise the children’s games and help keep traffic flowing. Volunteers also help with pet water stations, emptying trash as needed, and distributing water and sodas. If you love helping homeless animals and seeing cool cars, this event has your name! Please email Polly at [email protected] or call 540.212.9878 for more information.
- Make a note of the appointment! Our friends at Keep Prince William beautiful need volunteers aged 16 and over for their June Garbage cleaning in the community on June 19, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Volunteers aged 5 to 15 are welcome, but must be accompanied by an adult. The focus in June is on Graham Park Road in Dumfries. Volunteers will meet and spread out at Ginn Memorial Park (at 3876 Graham Park R.) to clear the trash from the community’s public spaces. Parking spaces are available on site, please wear a mask when checking in. KPWB employees provide all materials; Hand sanitizer and a first aid kit are provided. Please wear weather-appropriate clothing and shoes close to your feet. Bring a water bottle to stay hydrated and smile a lot! Register here or contact Sean at [email protected] for more information.
- Prince William County Community Services seeks an administratively loving volunteer aged 18+ who can help update their referral provider lists. This requirement exists on weekdays between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. It needs to be convenient to contact community vendors by phone or email, get information, and collect data. Please email Melinda at [email protected] to learn more.
- Are you interested in gardening and wildlife support? Prince William Conservation Alliance is looking for committed volunteers who can be there on most Saturdays from now until autumn. Every Saturday, 9:30 am to 12:00 pm, is spent weeding, pruning, and watering plants to ensure the wildlife garden at Merrimac Farm looks great for its visitors and animal lovers. Families are welcome! Volunteers should wear long trousers, long socks, and sturdy shoes. Bring a smile, hat, packed lunch, and bug spray! Please send an email to [email protected] for more information.
- We are back! RSVP’s VETS program that offers transports for veterans and their spouses to doctor’s appointments is picking up speed again and volunteer drivers aged “55 or better” are needed! Volunteers must be at least 55 years old and successfully complete both a criminal record and a driver’s license test. It’s a wonderful way to give back to our veterans and say “thank you” for everything they’ve done! Please email [email protected] or call 571.292.5307 to learn more.
- The SERVE Hunger Resource Center in Manassas will be theirs Annual inventory June 30th, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Volunteers ages 16 and older are required to help warehouse workers maintain a complete inventory of food and supplies in their 8,000 square foot warehouse . Up to 25 volunteers are required per shift. Be prepared to do moderate lifts of up to 35 pounds. This is a great once in a lifetime opportunity that allows volunteers to do some service hours and help SERVE improve its food aid program for the 650+ households that seek help each month! For more information, please email Annie at [email protected]
COVID-19 volunteer opportunities:
- Medical reserve corps Support your local health department and community during a public health emergency! Volunteers are needed to support various missions including public health education and outreach, disease screening, vaccine clinics and more! Medical experience is not required; They have roles for everyone! Bilingual volunteers are particularly needed. Volunteers must be 18 years of age, complete a minimum education, and pass a state background exam to serve. Please complete an application on vamrc.org. Ask? Please email Amy at [email protected] for more information.
- american red cross needs volunteers Shelter Service employees in a disaster during COVID-19. Volunteers to work personally in a Red Cross accommodation before, during and / or after a disaster event, to carry out tasks that are necessary for the deployment in accommodation and to support disaster customers Tasks include work in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information or other areas within an animal shelter. For more information, please email [email protected]
For other options, please call Volunteer Prince William at 703.369.5292 or visit Volunteerprincewilliam.org. Thank you for everything you do in our community.