NEW YORK, October 28, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The Ad Council, America’s leading nonprofit dedicated to harnessing the power of communication to promote social change, elected 18 new members to its board of directors during its fall meeting practically yesterday. Presides over the organization’s board of directors Linda Yaccarino, Chairman, Global Advertising and Partnerships, NBCUniversal. The vice-chairpersons include Jacki Kelley, CEO, Dentsu Aegis Network, America, and Diego Scotti, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer at Verizon.
Since the organization was founded, the Ad Council has been at the forefront of the communications industry’s social impact efforts. The Board of Directors consists of a respected group of senior marketing and media managers who provide expertise, insight and financial support to ensure that the Ad Council’s social campaigns are effective and impactful. Most recently, the Ad Council’s board of directors led the industry’s response to COVID-19 and the launch of the Ad Council and COVID-19 Vaccine Education Initiative of COVID Collaborative, the most significant public education initiative in US history.
The new members of the Ad Council Board of Directors include:
- Melanie Boulden, SVP of Marketing NA, The Coca-Cola Company
- Fiona Carter, CMO, Goldman Sachs
- Brandon Cooke, Global Partner, Global Chief Marketing & Reputation Officer, FCB
- Kyle Dropp, Co-Founder and President, Morning Consult
- Carolyn Everson, President, Instacart
- Michelle Froah, SVP Global Marketing Strategy & Sciences, MetLife
- Jennifer Gottlieb, Global President, Real Chemistry
- Alyson Griffin, Marketing Manager, State Company
- Carla Hassan, CMO, JPMorgan Chase
- Charisse Hughes, Senior Vice President & Global CMO, Kellogg Company
- Peter Jung, CMO, NASCAR
- Jill Kramer, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Accenture
- Marne Levine, Chief Business Officer, Facebook
- Kirk McDonald, CEO North America, GroupM
- Sarah Personette, Chief Customer Officer, Twitter
- Dan Robbins, VP, Ad Marketing, Roku
- Kern Schireson, CEO, KNOWN
- Donna special, President of Advertising Sales & Marketing, Univision Communications
“The talent, creativity and resources that our board of directors continually uses to address our country’s most pressing problems fuel the Ad Council’s ability to drive measurable change for the benefit of society. We look forward to working with these innovative leaders to keep the industry moving. “-Driven work,” said Lisa Sherman, President and CEO of the Ad Council.
A full listing of the Ad Council Board of Directors can be found on the organization’s website here.
THE ADVERTISING COUNCIL
The Ad Council has a long history of creating life-saving public services in times of national crisis, from the very beginnings of the organization during World War II September 11 and natural disasters like Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Sandy, and most recently led the industry’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Their close relationships with the media, the creative community, subject matter experts, and government leaders make the organization uniquely able to quickly disseminate life-saving, impactful information to millions of Americans.
Creativity and causes meet in the Ad Council. The nonprofit brings together the most creative minds in advertising, media, technology and marketing to address many of the country’s top concerns. The Ad Council created many of the most iconic campaigns in advertising history. Friends don’t let friends drive drunk. Smoky bear. Love has no labels.
The Ad Council’s innovative social good campaigns raise awareness, inspire action and save lives. To learn more, visit AdCouncil.org, follow the Ad Council communities on Facebook and Twitter, and watch the creative on YouTube.
SOURCE The Ad Council