NARROWSBURG – The Sullivan County Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) has announced a new volunteer station in southwestern Sullivan County: the Delaware Valley Arts Alliance (DVAA) in Narrowsburg.
“RSVP hasn’t added a volunteer station to this part of the county in many years, so I’m thrilled we’ve reached an agreement with the DVAA that expands both of our missions,” noted Martha Tully, RSVP Coordinator.
“We look forward to welcoming new volunteers,” said DVAA Executive Director Ariel Shanberg. “They’ll find a vibrant nonprofit with many interesting and enjoyable activities throughout the year, often a performance, exhibition opening, or fundraiser that they can attend for free.”
The DVAA is now one of 48 volunteer stations in Sullivan County, each offering RSVP participants unique ways to help improve the communities they serve. Other sites include:
- Sullivan County Historical Society, Hurleyville
- Time and Valleys Museum, Grahamsville
- Radio Catskill, Jeffersonville
- IOU Main Street Thrift Shop, Callicoon
- AARP Income Tax Assistance Program
- Veterans Card Program
- Sewing/Crochet Program
- Fiber Arts Program for Veterans
- RSVP Medical Transportation
- Sullivan County CASA
- Hudson Valley Ombudsman Program
- Sunshine Hall Library, Eldred
- Literacy Volunteers of America, Monticello
- Sullivan County Federation for the Homeless, Monticello
- Garnet Health Medical Center – Catskills, Harris
- Western Sullivan Public Library
- Local chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association
- Daniel Pierce Library, Grahamsville
- Veterans Medical Transportation
- Sullivan Catskills Visitors Association, Liberty
- RSVP Meals on Wheels Program
- Action towards independence, Monticello
- Bethel Woods Center for the Arts
- RSVP Advisory Board
- And more…
“RSVP exists to share – to share our lives and skills with each other, to share the work that wouldn’t be done without our involvement, to share the joy that comes from giving back to your community,” Tully explained. “I invite and encourage anyone 55 or older to contact us and share their time, knowledge and life skills with us. Join us in making our community a better place!
RSVP Sullivan County Americorps volunteers choose how, where and when they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours to 40 hours per week. Volunteers receive many group benefits, including partial mileage reimbursement (full mileage reimbursement for medical transportation and home-delivered meals) and additional medical coverage in the event of an accident for medical care and hospitalization, excess volunteer liability insurance and excess motor vehicle liability insurance.